Dash Event Prize Specifications
- Each Winner and their guest will participate in a ninety-second (:90) Dash Event through a warehouse to place as much merchandise as they can into their shopping cart.
- Three-day, two-night trip for Winner and a guest to Chicago, Illinois.
- Round-trip coach airfare for two from any international airport located in the continental U.S.
- One (1) double occupancy 3-star or better hotel room in Chicago, Illinois for two (2) nights.
- $500 spending money.
- Welcome reception/dinner for Winner and guest.
- There will be one (1) Dash Event with six (6) 2-person teams participating in the Dash Event. For clarity, there will be a total of six (6) Winners plus one (1) guest per Winner for a total of twelve (12) people participating in the Dash Event.
- For each Winner, the Dash Event is a three-day, two-night trip for the Winner (“Winner”) and one (1) guest to Chicago, Illinois in the Spring of 2024. Each trip includes round-trip coach airfare for up to two (2) people from any international airport located in the continental U.S. to Chicago, Illinois (inclusive of all associated security fees, taxes and surcharges).
- The Dash Event Prize includes one (1) double occupancy deluxe room (room and room tax only) at a 3-star or better hotel in Chicago, Illinois for two (2) nights;
- All ground transfers between the airport and the destination hotel and sponsored events for each Winner and guest;
- Five hundred dollars ($500) spending money, in the form of a check, for the Winner will be provided to the Winner two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled departure for the trip;
- The Dash Event Prize does not include: mileage, insurance, gratuities, meals, parking fees, baggage fees, alcoholic beverages (other than those served without charge at any hosted reception/dinner), any items not expressly specified and personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service, laundry, incidentals and the like, as well as revision or cancellation fees which may be charged by the hotel or other suppliers;
- Each Winner and their guest will be honored with a welcome reception/dinner the evening of their arrival to Chicago.
- The Dash Event includes admission to the Washington’s Lottery Dash Event located at the HINDA Warehouse for the Winner and guest; and the Winner and their one (1) guest shall have the opportunity to participate in a ninety second (:90) DASH through the HINDA warehouse to place into their shopping cart as much merchandise as they can (the merchandise successfully placed into the shopping cart within ninety seconds (:90) is sometimes referred to as “Prizes” or “Prizes Won”)
- Winner is solely responsible for the actions of the guest who accompanies the Winner to events.
- Winner and guest shall be required to comply with the Department of Homeland Security’s REAL ID program and all other programs to receive airfare to the event. For more information, please see: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id.
Warehouse Dash® Specifications
- If the Winner is traveling via air and fails to appear at the designated time and place of departure, the travel portion of his or her trip shall be forfeited with the exception of the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the Dash Event Prize, less any withholding taxes; unless Winner makes his or her own travel arrangements at Winner’s expense. However, the Lottery or MDI will appoint two (2) proxies to participate in the Dash Event for the Winner if the Winner does not attend the Dash Event, and the Winner shall receive any prizes won by the proxies;
- If the Winner fails to check in to the hotel when he or she arrives in Chicago, and unless communicated to MDI, the hotel room availability will be forfeited and the Winner shall not be compensated in any way for the value of the hotel room, and the travel portion of the Dash Event Prize shall be forfeited with the exception of the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the Dash Event Prize, less any withholding taxes; unless Winner makes his or her own lodging arrangements at Winner’s expense. However, the Lottery or MDI will appoint two (2) proxies to participate in the Dash Event for the Winner if the Winner does not attend the Dash Event, and the Winner shall receive any prizes won by the proxies;
- If the Winner fails to arrive for his or her scheduled participation in the DASH, the Winner forfeits the right to personally participate in DASH; however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint two (2) proxies to participate in the Dash Event for the Winner, and the Winner shall receive any prizes won by the proxies;
- In the event that the Winner is unable to attend the trip due to unforeseen and reasonable circumstances, the travel portion of the Dash Event Prize shall be forfeited with the exception of the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the Dash Event Prize, less any withholding taxes; however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint two (2) proxies to participate in the Dash Event for the Winner, and the Winner shall receive any prizes won by the proxies (less applicable tax withholdings). Notwithstanding the fact that the Winner may end their participation in the DASH (under subsections above), at the time that the Winner claims the Dash Event Prize, such Winner shall be deemed to have taken ownership of the entire Dash Event Prize, and the full claimed value of the entire Dash Event Prize (including the value of the travel portion) shall be reported to the IRS. Upon conclusion of the Dash Event (whether the Dash was completed by the Winner or a proxy). Accordingly, the Winner may be responsible for any additional state or federal taxes resulting from the claimed Dash Event Prize, above and beyond those tax withholdings withheld, reported and paid on the Winner’s behalf by MDI to the appropriate agencies;
- If the Winner has a physical limitation that may prevent the Winner from participating in the Dash Event, but still intends to attend the trip, MDI can provide one (1) proxy to assist the Winner’s travel companion through the course during the DASH experience. If the travel companion has a physical limitation that may prevent them from participating in the Dash Event, MDI can provide one (1) Proxy to assist the Winner or the Winner’s proxy through the course during the Dash Event experience.
- Winner or guest shall be eighteen (18) years of age to participate in the Dash Event;
- The Winner, designee, or guest must have a valid credit card or shall be required to post cash deposit for incidentals to check into the hotel;
- All Prizes won during the Dash Event experience will be inventoried by HINDA and then shipped by HINDA to the respective address of the Winner where their final travel packet was received, within twenty (20) business days following the Dash Event. In the event that any Prizes won during the DASH experience are damaged or defective upon receipt thereof by the Winner, the Winner must notify HINDA within thirty (30) calendar days from Winner’s receipt of the Prizes won in order for the damaged or defective items to be replaced by HINDA at no cost to the Lottery, MDI or the Winner. Such notification to HINDA within the aforementioned timeframe shall immediately cause the damaged or defective Prize to be replaced by HINDA at no cost to the Lottery, MDI or the Winner;
- The Winner is solely responsible for the actions of the guest who accompanies the Winner on the WAREHOUSE DASH® Trip Prize;
- There is no cash option for a Warehouse Dash® Trip.
Shipping Of The Warehouse Dash® Prizes
At the WAREHOUSE DASH®, the Winner and their one (1) guest or proxy will have ninety seconds (:90) to collect as much merchandise as possible as described below.
- HINDA shall manage all aspects of the Dash Event.
- The team will be supplied with a minimum of one (1) empty cart (40” long, 27” wide, and 30” high).
- The team will consist of two (2) people, made up of the Winner and his/her guest or proxy. The Winner’s guest will assist him or her in the “Dash Event Course.”
- One (1) team member will be the dedicated “pusher,” and the other team member will be the dedicated “picker.” Please note, the “pusher” can rearrange items in the cart but may NOT pull items from the shelves. Any item pulled, picked or otherwise removed from the shelves by the “pusher” shall not be included as a “picked” item, and shall not be included in the prizes won or awarded during the DASH Event unless “picker” also pulls and places the item in the cart.
- The team will have thirty (30) minutes before the WAREHOUSE DASH® to walk aisles designated as the “DASH Course” and to develop their plan for which items they wish to select.
- Merchandise is available only from the aisles designated as the “Dash Event Course.” Any other warehouse area is considered outside of the “Dash Event Course” and is not available for selection. Marking or tagging of the merchandise, floor, racking, etc. before the start of the WAREHOUSE DASH® is not allowed.
- Participants may only select a single quantity of each item. If more than one (1) of any item is grabbed, the extras will be returned to the shelf.
- Only one (1) team will be on the “DASH Course” at a time. When the team is ready, an air horn will sound to alert the team that they may begin. When the air horn sounds, stop watches will start with ninety seconds (:90) on the clock. At this point, the team may begin to dash up and down the aisles putting as much merchandise into its cart as possible.
- Referees will be stationed throughout the “Dash Event Course” with stop watches to alert the team of their remaining Dash Event time. When the team’s ninety seconds (:90) is up, a referee will inform the team, and another air horn will sound to alert the team to stop. At this time, no more items can be “picked.”
- The team will then take their carts to the designated area where items selected will be verified immediately.
- The Winner shall be allowed to keep all items the ‘picker’ places in their cart as the Dash Event Prizes.
- The Winner will be provided a list of his or her “picked” items for their review prior to their departure from the warehouse.
- After the team has completed its Dash Event, pictures will be taken and interviews will be conducted.
- A videographer will be hired by MDI to videotape the entire Dash Event experience.
HINDA shall ship the Prizes to the Winner within twenty (20) business days following the Dash Event and will provide the Lottery with the tracking number for the shipments. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if HINDA is required to restock its shelves due to inadequate quantity of inventory on specific items, the aforementioned twenty (20) business day period in which to ship Prizes to the Winner shall be extended by such time as is reasonably required to permit HINDA to obtain replacement inventory on such specific items. HINDA shall notify MDI in writing immediately if HINDA becomes aware or anticipates that any delay in the shipment of Prizes to the Winner will exceed twenty (20) business days following the Dash Event.
In order to participate in the Dash Events, each Winner and guest shall be required to sign waivers of liability releasing the Lottery, HINDA, and MDI from liability during the Dash Event. Each Winner or their proxy and their guest must also sign waivers agreeing to allow the Lottery to use their image, pictures, videos, and interviews taken in conjunction with the Dash Event.