Eligibility for the vaccine promotion is limited to Washington residents who have received at least one dose of a recommended COVID-19 vaccination, subject to the following conditions:
- Presumptive winners will be selected based on vaccination records in the Washington State Immunization Information System as of 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday* before the drawing date. Some vaccine providers, such as the Veteran’s Administration, the Department of Defense, and providers administering vaccinations outside of Washington, do not enter records into the Washington State Immunization Information System. The state of Washington, Washington’s Lottery, the Department of Health, and vaccine providers are not responsible for errors or omissions related to any person’s vaccination record.
- Proof of current Washington residency is required in order to claim a prize. Residency may be proved by presenting either a valid Washington driver’s license, a valid Washington identification card, or another form of government-issued identification that includes the person’s name, address, and photograph. Residency of a minor may be proved using the identification of the minor’s parent or guardian. The State reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept alternate proof of Washington residency.
- Persons under the age of 18 on the day of the drawing are not eligible to win a prize, except persons aged 12-17 on the date of a drawing are eligible to win a prize of Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) units.
- Incarcerated persons are not eligible to win a prize. For purposes of this promotion, “incarcerated” means a person committed to total confinement in any state, federal, city, or county correctional institution or facility on the date the person is initially contacted.
- Employees of the Washington State Department of Health, employees of the Governor’s Office, employees of Washington’s Lottery, members of the Lottery Commission, and any spouse, child, brother, sister, or parent residing as a member of the same household with such employee or Commission member, are not eligible to win a prize.
Five (5) drawings will be held for eligible adults:
- Drawing 1 on June 8, 2021
- Drawing 2 on June 15, 2021
- Drawing 3 on June 22, 2021
- Drawing 4 on June 29, 2021
- Drawing 5 on July 13, 2021
Two (2) drawings will be held for eligible minors age 12-17. The prizes for minors shall consist only of GET units:
- Drawing 1 on June 15, 2021
- Drawing 2 on June 22, 2021
Cash prizes for drawings 1-4 shall be one (1) prize of $250,000 per drawing. The cash prize for drawing 5 shall be one (1) prize of $1,000,000.
Winners for merchandise prizes shall be selected for drawings 1-4. Any prizes not claimed following drawings 1-4 shall be made available for drawing 5. For a full list of merchandise prizes, please contact Washington’s Lottery at 360-810-2888.
Prizes for Minors
Each of the two (2) drawings for minors shall consist of 15 prizes of 100 GET units each. The total value of each GET prize is $12,200. GET prizes shall be awarded for the benefit of the minor. The Washington Student Achievement Council will provide the minors and their parents or guardians with additional information about setting up a GET account and use of the GET units. Any federal tax withholding for GET prizes shall be paid by the State.
Winning a Prize
Presumptive winners will be randomly selected from a list of randomly generated numbers assigned to Washington residents who have received at least one dose of a recommended COVID-19 vaccination that was recorded in the Washington State Immunization Information System. The Department of Health will assign these numbers and provide the list of numbers to Washington’s Lottery to select the presumptive winners.
Presumptive winners will be contacted following each drawing, and must agree to the following in order to receive a prize:
- The Department of Health may release the person’s identity and contact information to Washington’s Lottery; and
- Washington’s Lottery may release the person’s name, city, prize amount or type, and vaccination status to the media and public.
In order to win a prize, a presumptive winner must:
- Meet all eligibility requirements;
- Respond within 72 hours of initial contact; and
- Agree to the terms and conditions herein.
Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees unless otherwise explicitly stated herein, and any debts pursuant to RCW 67.70.255.
Limit of one entry and one cash or GET prize per person regardless of the number of recommended COVID-19 vaccinations received during the eligibility period.
“Recommended COVID-19 vaccination” means a dose of a vaccine authorized by the FDA to prevent COVID-19 and provided according to CDC guidelines.
“Initial contact” or “initially contacted” means the date and time an employee of the Department of Health or Washington’s Lottery attempts to contact a person by telephone regardless of whether the contact is successful.
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible persons receiving at least one recommended COVID-19 vaccination during the eligibility period.
*Time revised at the request of the Department of Health.